Home » Posts tagged 'Premier League'
Tag Archives: Premier League
The races in the Premier League 2019/20 have officially ended, taking a look at 10 incredible statistics this season.
- Tottenham is the worst after 11 years but still ranks above Arsenal
Tottenham only won 59 points this season, their worst performance in 11 years. However, Spurs (6th) still rank higher than the city team, Arsenal (8th).
- Alisson goalkeeper Alisson has the same number of assists as Raheem Sterling: Raheem Sterling has scored 20 goals in the English Premier League this season, but only 1 assist, equal to the performance of goalkeeper Alisson on the Liverpool side.
- MU has the same 66 points as last season: This season, MU won 66 points after 38 rounds in the Premier League, equal to the number of points they got in last season. However, this year MU ranked 3rd and last year they ranked 6th.
- Jamie Vardy is the oldest Premier League top scorer: With 23 goals, striker Jamie Vardy has earned the title of Premier League Top Scorer 2019/20. At 33, he is the oldest scorer in the tournament’s history.
- Southampton have gained more points than Leicester since the defeat of 0-9: Since the defeat of 0-9 to Leicester, Southampton has returned strongly. They have won 44 points since October, while Wolves have only 42 points.
- No English player has scored for Wolves: This season, Wolves has scored 51 goals in the highest league in English football, but no English player has scored for Wolves. Raul Jimenez leads the list of Wolves scoring with 17 goals, he is a Mexican national.
- Coach Ancelotti for the first time ended the season in the bottom half of the table: With a series of disappointments in the final rounds, Everton ranked 12th in the Premier League this season. This is the first time coach Carlo Ancelotti ended the season in the bottom half of the table.
- Roberto Firmino has only 1 goal at Anfield: This season, striker Roberto Firmino only scored 9 goals in the Premier League, of which only 1 goal was scored at Anfield.
- Jesse Lingard only contributed shoe marks to a goal of MU: Jesse Lingard scored the decisive goal to help MU defeat Leicester with a score of 2-0 in the final round, this is also the first time he contributed shoe marks in a Reds goal in the Premier League after 22 appearances
- Incredible with the promotion and relegation of Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich: In the 2014/15 season, for the first time, Bournemouth won the right to play in the Premier League, they ranked above Watford and Norwich. This season, they ranked 18th, also ranked above Watford and Norwich, but all three have to be relegated.
Remember the 2015/16 season when Leicester shocked the world football with the Premier League championship, despite the odds of 1/5000, but that season also saw the top performance of Mesut Ozil, the most creative midfielder in the top five European leagues in this decade.
According to TruMedia’s data, Mesut Oezil created 146 chances to score in 35 Premier League matches in the 2015/16 season – 20 times more than any other player since 2010. The German midfielder carried out 19 assists – a Premier League record in this decade, as well as creating 28 clear chances (Big Chances). From September 26 to November 21, he scored assists in seven consecutive matches – an achievement that no Premier League player has ever done before and even after that. In fact, only 18 other players scored 7 assists in the whole 2015/16 season.
Despite leading the expectations score (xG) and losing expectations (xGA), Arsenal finished the season in second place, behind Leicester. If Arsenal’s results are consistent with their performances, perhaps Arsene Wenger and his coaches have won the championship and Mesut Oezil could win the ‘Best Player of the Year’ award. But even the German midfielder did not appear in the ‘Typical squad’ voted by PFA. Instead of being remembered as an achievement of top creativity, Mesut Oezil’s 2015/16 season gave another indication: Player and his position will never be important.
Mesut Oezil’s position will never be important again
Think about the best teams in the world. Not many of them are built around classic “number 10” gameplay. Man City turned both their “10s” – Kevin de Bruyne and David Silva – into traditional midfielders. Bayern Munich did the same with James Rodriguez, while their top-class footer was Joshua Kimmich, a full-back. Liverpool did so, depending on the creativity in the two wing corridors, and they won the Champions League in 2019 after selling “No. 10” Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona. The 27-year-old midfielder struggled in Spain, when Barcelona built a play around Leo Messi – the world’s top superstar. Meanwhile, in Italy, the Juventus squad doesn’t have any players scoring more than 10 assists in the last season of 2018/19.
For the first time in history, four powerful Premier League teams are Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea in Europe’s most prestigious finals, Champions League, and Europa League.
Arsenal and Chelsea have just signed their names on the final match in the Europa League, helping England to dominate the old continent in the 2018 season after Liverpool and Tottenham put their hands together to play in the final of C1.
It is even more impressive when both Liverpool and Tottenham created the “blockbuster” movies, causing the football world to be stunned and admired, leaving the high-level division in Madrid on the sixth night.
Two pairs of Europa League semi-finals this morning also closed with full joy for brothers into London, Arsenal, and Chelsea. The history of English football’s most successful week in the European Cup.
It is the fierce competition, strangely enough, to suffocate in the Premier League, which is the foundation for the foggy representatives to explode strongly when entering Europe.
While Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or Juventus went into a recession period, the Premier League teams have been relentless thanks to reasonable strategy.
Not many people think that Liverpool will overthrow Barcelona‘s “pal” after losing 0-3 at the Nou Camp and without the services of Salah and Firmino in the return leg. However, with determination, courage, and a bit of luck, Jurgen Klopp’s teachers did a miracle, with a 4-0 reversal that shook the bridge world.
Only 24 hours later, Tottenham is almost desperate when Ajax lead 3-0 final. However, the “rooster” has risen unbelievably, with the superhero image Lucas Moura launching 3 left foot bullets knocking down young Dutch strikers.
11 years after MU and Chelsea disturbed Moscow, English football had two teams in the Champions League final. While Tottenham headed for the first European Cup in history, The Kop hoped for the sixth time to take the throne, following the 2005 Istanbul feat.
Andrew Robertson (Liverpool)
Robertson is the Liverpool defender. He has the most official kick in the Premier League 2017/18 (22 times). He has 5 assists for his teammates to score.
Benjamin Mendy (Man City)
Benjamin Mendy only played 360 minutes in the Premier League season he first joined. After that, the left-back had to rest because of injury. However, Mendy has 9 chances to create opportunities and 5 times to score goals. He is considered to be the most expensive left wing defender in the world. Mendy is working hard to prepare for the next Premier League season
Kieran Trippier (Tottenham)
Trippier regularly makes a goal for teammates to score like Robertson of Liverpool team. He has 5 assists for teammates scoring in the English Premier League 2017. Trippier defends very well. Besides, he has the ability to support his teammates to attack and penalty.
Hector Bellerin (Arsenal)
Hector Bellerin is Spanish. He has the ability to run very fast. Bellerin has 2 goals and 3 assists for the English Premier League team 2017/18.
Marcos Alonso (Chelsea)
Marcos Alonso is also a Spanish defender. He is the most goal-rich defender in the Premier League 2017/18. Marcos Alonso defended very well because he was able to master the situation well.
Patrick van Aanholt (Crystal Palace)
Although Van Aanholt is a defender, he defends very poorly. The Dutchman’s strongest point is his attacking ability. Van Aanholt is a former Chelsea player. In the English Premier League 2017/18, he has 1 assist for teammates and has 5 goals.
Harry Maguire (Leicester).
Harry Maguire is the center-back. He is 1m94 tall. He has the ability to command good teammates at the 2018 World Cup. Maguire is a player of the Leicester team who plays very well. In the Premier League 2017/18, Maguire has 2 goals and 4 assists.
Sean Morrison (Cardiff)
Sean Morrison was honored as the best player in the team last season. You defend very well. Besides, he has 7 goals. This is a very impressive number.
Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham)
Ryan Sessegnon’s mission is to be a left-back and left winger. He made a strong impression on football fans. Ryan Sessegnon has 6 assists for teammates and has 15 goals.
Trent Alexander-Arnold Liverpool)
Alexander-Arnold is the No. 1 right-back at Liverpool last season. Alexander-Arnold’s greatest strength is his ability to launch an attack. His weakness is defensive skills.